If you are an applicant from overseas, you can still apply for advertised positions, but you would be unable to commence work without a valid work entitlement to work in Australia. The Department of Home Affairs website contains further information regarding working visas and permanent residency in Australia.

Visa information

  • Academic positions - The University of South Australia sponsors successful candidates for all full-time academic positions on the Temporary Skills Shortage visa – subclass 482, if required. In addition Academic Level A, Research Assistant (ARA) and Research Associate (ARAS) can only be nominated for a subclass 482 visa if the position requires at least two years relevant work experience and the applicant can also demonstrate two years of relevant work experience in research and/or teaching.
  • Professional positions - The University of South Australia will consider sponsoring successful candidates who have applied for a full-time professional position on the Temporary Skills Shortage visa – subclass 482, if it is a skilled occupation as listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).

For further information, please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website.

Please note: At times the University of South Australia may not be in a position to sponsor successful candidates on the 482 visa therefore the advertisement will state:

Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.

Need to get in touch with Recruitment Central?

If you need support with your application or have a question, call Recruitment Central on (08) 8302 1700 or email us at recruitment@unisa.edu.au and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Contact us →