Frequently asked questions

This information is designed for Prospective International Students and should be only used as a guide. Contact us for more information or visit Campus Central FAQs for additional answers.

How to apply

Entry requirements

Accept the offer

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

  • Does the student need to pay Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)? minus-thick plus-thick

    It is a requirement of the Department of Home Affairs and the University’s policy for students to have visa length Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the full duration of their student visa. If the student has current OSHC, they will need to provide proof of this cover (such as a copy of their card) and it must be for the full duration of the student visa. If it is not for the full duration, the student can either pay the remaining cover through the University or extend with their current provider (evidence of this extension is required).

    If the student is a Temporary Resident of Australia, they are NOT required to make payment or provide proof of OSHC as they should already have cover. Swedish students are exempt from this requirement if they are eligible for study assistance from the Swedish National Board of Student Aid (CSN) and have applied for health insurance cover through one of the affiliated companies. Norwegian students are exempt from this requirement if they have health insurance coverage under the Norwegian National Insurance Service.

  • How does the student receive their Overseas Student Health Care (OSHC) card? minus-thick plus-thick

    The student will have paid for OSHC as per the information outlined on their accepted offer of admission. They will receive an OSHC Verification Letter when they receive their Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from the University. OSHC membership cards will be available for collection from Campus Central at the same time the students receive their UniSA Student ID card. Please contact BUPA (the University's preferred provider) for membership information.

Defer, withdraw or change your program

Orientation and how to enrol