UniSA has seven study periods as opposed to two traditional semesters. The academic year is split into two halves, with three study periods in each half, plus a study period during summer.
Study periods 2 and 5 represent the traditional first and second semesters.
- First semester: Study periods 1, 2 and 3 occur during the first semester of the academic year.
- Second semester: Study periods 4, 5 and 6 occur during the second semester of the academic year.
- Summer term: Study period 7 occurs during the summer term.
Please note: Summer school courses may also fall within study period 1 depending on the study pattern.
For timing and key dates for each study period, see the academic calendar.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College