Partnerships with Industry
As Australia’s University of Enterprise, the University of South Australia aspires to be a leader in translating the knowledge generated by our research into real world outcomes, including technology and skills.
The University of South Australia is committed to solving complex, real-world problems. We collaborate closely with government, industry, business, the professions and other community groups to ensure our research and consultancy is conducted with an emphasis on applied knowledge.
The University has established streamlined pathways to partner with industry, including co-developed degree programs and its Industry Professor scheme. View Partnerships
NEW - Saab Australia-UniSA Defence Technologies Institute
The new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between UniSA, Australia’s university of enterprise and leading defence system company Saab will focus on collaborative research and teaching opportunities in the South Australian defence sector. Find out more
Education and High Level Skills
As the largest higher education provider in South Australia, we meet the defence industry’s needs to develop and transform Australia’s future workforce, including providing a full range of Bachelor, Master and PhD degree programs.
Defence Industry Engaged Research
The University of South Australia has extensive research strengths and partnerships with the defence industries sector.
Research strengths include:
- Engineering and systems integration
- Autonomous and unmanned systems
- Telecommunication networks and signal processing
- Advanced materials and the development of tailored surface coatings
- Information Technology and the integration of systems
- Business and social sciences
- Interrogation and mining of data for patterning and predictive model building
- Project management and the execution of large scale complex projects
- Leadership, management and human resources
- Industrial design Human factors and biomechanics
- Enhancing human performance