The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre is committed to delivering a diverse program of events and exhibitions throughout the year which reflect our fundamental themes: Strengthening our Democracy - Valuing our Diversity - Building our Future.
Since its establishment in 1997, The Hawke Centre has developed a public events program with topics ranging from human rights to environment, economy and science, and many more.
Our Centre is widely recognised as a tangible expression of the University of South Australia's commitment to engage meaningfully with the community. Its focus also complements the longstanding reputation of South Australia as a crucible for social inquiry and inventiveness. In addition to a public event program examining key ideas and solutions for twenty-first century society, we offer an active partnerships strategy, inter-sectoral sessions between business, government and other agencies, as well as bringing attention to key research areas within and beyond the University of South Australia.
The Hawke Centre is also home of the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery which offers a dedicated guest gallery space for organisations to convey their social messages through art and conduct important outreach. The Gallery extends the Hawke Centre's commitment to engage with the community.
The Hawke Centre acknowledges the traditional Kaurna owners of the land on which it is situated and seeks to foster respect for Indigenous people.
We honour the values of Bob Hawke as a major supporter of education, of international understanding, and of balance between equity and economy to serve the greater social good.
Learn more about the Hawke Centre
We are the proud recipients of a number of prestigious community awards
Support the Hawke Centre and invest in a unique and acclaimed public learning centre
Bob Hawke and UniSA
Bob Hawke and his relationship with UniSA
Hawke Building level 5, 55 North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
p: +61 8 8302 0371
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College