UniSA presentations have been developed to suit the needs of individual cohorts of students who require different information throughout their school/TAFE journey. Presentations can be delivered in class (45 minutes) or as part of a campus tour (90 minutes).
The Year 10 presentation is designed to complement the Personal Learning Plan (PLP) by looking at personal attributes which impact on students' career decision making . We also introduce students to university study and things to be taken into consideration when looking at tertiary study as an option.
- Self-discovery and strengths
- What to look for when choosing a career
- Prerequisites/assumed knowledge and subject selection
- A day-in-the-life of a current student
- Overview of pathways and university entry requirements
Include MyCareerMatch into your year 10 presentation FREE through UniSA sponsorship
MyCareerMatch™ is an online career profiling tool delivering personalised career reports to students outlining information about their personality style and providing a list of career options complimentary to their natural strengths and talents. MyCareerMatch is available for schools to use free-of-charge through sponsorship from UniSA.
This presentation is designed to support students with their future planning by considering job market forecasts and exploring the future jobs in the labour market. We discuss the option of university study and provide students with an insight into university life.
- Understanding the labour market
- Things to consider when planning your career
- Understanding university – what university is really like
- Overview of the application timeline and how students can get organised
- Tips on what to look for when researching and choosing a university course
This presentation offers a comprehensive overview of study options at UniSA and covers information from student experience, to the applications and admissions process, including bonus points and pathways.
- UniSA course information
- Entry requirements
- Important dates
- Pathways and back-up plans
- The SATAC application process
- Support services
- Scholarships and accommodation
Presentations can be customised depending on the audience. We have specialist teams available who can deliver a specific presentation for your students including:
- TAFE students
- International students
- Those considering alternative entry options
- Pathways into university
- Indigenous students
We can also facilitate guest speakers in a range of academic areas. For custom presentation please contact us directly to discuss your requirements, (08) 8302 7088 or email@example.com
Can’t get to a UniSA campus? We now offer our full suite of presentations online via WebEx. UniSA is committed to regional school engagement and we have signed an agreement with WebEx, the same conferencing software utilised by online educational organisations, to facilitate face-to-face live presentations to school students in year 10-12.
Careers Evenings or Expos
UniSA staff and current students are available to attend career sessions at your school. We can deliver a tailored presentation, or simply talk to students and parents about study and career options at UniSA.