School of Education Research
Research in the School of Education investigates pressing questions regarding learning and teaching through the life-span and across diverse contexts including early childhood sites, homes, schools, training institutions, universities, workplaces and sites of informal learning.
Respectful dialogue between practitioner and academic knowledge, and participatory approaches involving children and young people, are hallmarks of our work. In partnership with the profession, and communities, we deliver outcomes immediately relevant to policy and practice. This extends to developing our own research-informed practice as teacher educators.
Our research is locally, nationally, and globally connected through active collaboration. International research partnerships extend across Asia, Europe, Africa and America and regularly attract leading researchers to spend time in South Australia.
In a dynamically evolving environment, we critically examine and adopt innovative methodologies for inquiry. Our publications, presentations and media communications inform debates and professional learning on many subjects including early childhood education, wellbeing and resilience, Indigenous education, and Islamic education.
Key research themes include:
- Educational and social inclusion
- Children’s voices and participation
- Islamic education
- Wellbeing and resilience
- Literacies and Languages
- Early childhood education
- Digital and online innovation
- Culturally responsive pedagogies
Discover the research groups working at the Centre and the range of projects underway.
Meet the people whose research is helping shape the future of education.
Find publications by staff and students at the Centre for Research in Education.
Come along to our seminars and other public events, and get all the lastest news.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College