Sydney Ball Friends of the South Australian School of Art International Travel Grant
The Sydney Ball Friends of the South Australian School of Art International Travel Grant is open to higher degree research students enrolled in the following programs within the School of Art, Architecture and Design whose primary research interest and/or practice is focused in the Art discipline:
- Masters by Research (Visual Arts)
- Masters by Research (Design)/Major Studio Project and Visual Communication
- Doctor of Philosophy (Visual Arts)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Design)/Major Studio Project and Visual Communication
The award, valued at $4000, has been renamed to acknowledge the significant donation by internationally renowned artist, Sydney Ball, who was a lecturer at the South Australian School of Art from 1965 to 1969.
The grant is designed to assist with the professional development of the award recipient/s in the field of visual arts or design and is to be used to undertake fieldwork outside Australia as part of the higher degree research project.
The grant will be awarded to the applicant who, in the view of the selection panel, best demonstrates:
- The significance of their research topic;
- How the proposed fieldwork will be relevant to their approved research topic and the significance of the contribution that will make to it; and
- The potential for benefits from the proposed fieldwork, e.g. production of an article for submission to a refereed journal or refereed conference; development of creative art works for exhibition at a nationally or internationally recognised venue; local or other conference presentation; contribution to honours or higher degree program; development of a teaching resources; or potential benefits for the community or profession.
The candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled in one of the above listed higher degree research programs in the Art, Architecture and Design School:
- Have had their completed research proposal accepted and have been granted the appropriate ethics and/or safety clearances
- Be making satisfactory progress as indicated in the annual review of progress and/or provide a statement of support from their supervisor
- Present an application explaining how their research project will be enhanced by the travel; and
- Have had that application endorsed by their higher degree supervisor/s.
If you would like to be considered for this award, please contact the AAD Research Team for an application form and send the completed form back by the end of October
Please direct any queries to CTV-Research@unisa.edu.au