Research degree graduate qualities
There are seven identified graduate qualities and outcomes that result from doing a research degree at UniSA. Importantly, these competencies are transferable to the workplace, whether academic or professional.
A research degree graduate of the University of South Australia:
- has an understanding of current research based knowledge in the field, its methodologies for creating new knowledge, and can create, critique, and appraise new and significant knowledge
- is prepared for lifelong learning in pursuit of ongoing personal development and excellence in research within and beyond a discipline or professional area
- is an effective problem solver, capable of applying logical, critical and creative thinking to a range of research problems
- can work both autonomously and collaboratively as a researcher within a particular discipline or professional area and within wider but related areas
- is committed to ethical action and social responsibility as a researcher in a discipline or professional area and as a leading citizen
- communicates effectively as a researcher in a discipline or professional area and as a leading member of the community
- demonstrates international perspectives in research in a discipline or professional area and as a leading citizen.
Research degrees at the University of South Australia
Graduate qualities in depth
Unpack the seven research degree graduate qualities by learning about the generic indicators.
Find out about scholarships available for research degree students
Hear what our research degree students say about their experience at UniSA.
Got a question?
Enquire about postgraduate research.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College