The Phenomics and Bioinformatics Research Centre houses several unique facilities.
Plant imaging laboratory
The plant imaging lab features multiple innovate set-ups for the imaging of plants, including plant roots, and other 3-D objects. For more information on our plant imaging activities, please see the image analysis section on our research page.
Surface force laboratory
The PBRC surface force laboratory is housed in building Q at the Mawson Lakes Campus. It is a modern, state of the art facility featuring a range of general laboratory equipment, plus specialist equipment inlcuding two surface force apparatuses.
High performance computational facilities
The PBRC houses its own high performance computational facilities, supporting the work across all research areas of the centre. Researchers and research students also have access to local and national supercomputing facilities.
GR Morris mathematical library
Kindly donated by the family of the late Professor Grainger Morris (UNE), this mathematical library is housed at the Mawson Lakes campus in Room OC1-72.
For more information on any of our facilities, please contact the Director, Professor Stan Miklavcic.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College