iCAHE has been involved in a number of international projects, working on the ground with the local clinical leads to provide research support for clinical practice outcomes. These projects have led to ongoing and practical change in their local areas. iCAHE is very proud of our successful international projects in the past, and the ongoing international projects we are currently engaged in, and hope to build our international relations further in the future.
To integrate EBP in the Philippines, careful planning and development of strategies that will address the needs of health professionals and local barriers were undertaken. An EBP training program was identified essential to address the primary barrier of lack of knowledge and skills in EBP as it is not currently part of undergraduate training of health professionals in the country. EBP has to be introduced and taught using effective strategies, considering local context of health practice and health professionals’ behavior in their own practice.
The South African community has identified an urgent need to ensure everyone in South Africa has access to the best quality primary health care. Project SAGE is working with communities, clinicians, policy makers, service managers and researchers to improve health care by improving the quality, relevance and use of clinical guidelines in community services. The project partners are using evidence from around the world, and local skills and knowledge, to support the development, adaptation and implementation of the very best guidelines for South Africa. Outcomes will include a “how to do it’ manual for South African guidelines development, adaptation and use – and implementation support.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College