Do you enjoy problem solving? Mathematics is used to understand and solve important challenges in science, technology, industry and society.
CIAM has PhD students working on a wide variety of topics. We also aim to link undergraduate teaching to current research, through third-year research projects, Honours projects and future Maths Clinic projects, to demonstrate a clear pathway to a research career.
UniSA is a node of the Australian Technology Network's Industry Doctoral Training Centre, and offers generous scholarships for students undertaking PhD projects with industry.
If you are interested in starting a PhD with CIAM, please contact us.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College