Our approach to Teaching and Learning
Building a Culture of Innovation
We are building a culture of innovation, through which our academic staff will be empowered to draw on digital innovations to advance their teaching practices, as our educators of the future.
We are South Australia’s biggest university and offer undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in business, education, arts, social sciences, health sciences, information technology, engineering and the environment. Programs are designed with strong professional emphasis and in partnership with industry.
UniSA is committed to providing enhanced educational offerings and an outstanding student experience. Our focus over coming years will be to extend the support we provide to our students, through drawing on emerging digital technologies to provide more personalised and flexible learning opportunities for our students, locally and globally. We will continue to broaden access and opportunities for students from diverse backgrounds and will support our students to enhance their leadership capabilities and build social and professional networks.
Curriculum design and delivery
We design and deliver a curriculum that is practice- based and industry-informed.
Student equity and inclusion
We provide equitable access for students from diverse backgrounds.
We provide an outstanding student experience.
Academic staff and professional development
We support and develop our academic staff to motivate, challenge & stimulate students’ learning.
Digital Learning Strategy
By 2020 UniSA will be recognised internationally as a leading university for its use of innovative digital technologies to ensure a high quality student learning experience.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College