Conference: Unmaking Waste 2018
Hosted by the China-Australia Centre of Sustainable Development, and the University of South Australia, Unmaking Waste 2018 focused on the problem of consumption itself, and its role in increasing emissions, resource depletion and environmental degradation.
Building on the first and highly successful 2015 Unmaking Waste conference, the following themes were addressed from a multidisciplinary perspective:
Eco-Design and Development: Designing, defining and managing objects, buildings, precincts and systems to reduce resource and energy use, and thus increase environmental and human well-being.
Sustainable Consumption: Transforming behaviour, social practices, everyday consumption and service provision, including marketing, to better suit a resource-constrained, environmentally challenged world.
Waste Minimization: Reducing waste and pollution at all scales, in all domains and activities, and in all places, and transforming this waste and pollution into states of greater value for reuse.
Circular Economy: Optimizing social, material and economic relations and the value of goods and services to further the goals of the Circular Economy, including product and environment life-extension, reuse and repair.
For more informatIon please visit www.unmakingwaste.org
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College