Calling all SA tech entrepreneurs - applications for Pitch@Palace Australia 2.0 are openAugust 13 2018
UniSA to welcome HRH Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, KG for Pitch@Palace On Tour Adelaide
Adelaide will welcome The Duke of York to South Australia later this year when he will visit the University of South Australia as part of Pitch@Palace Australia 2.0, an event designed to give new entrepreneurs and start-ups the best connections to develop their ideas and innovations.
Pitch@Palace On Tour Adelaide will be hosted by UniSA on November 26, the first time the event has been held in South Australia.
Pitch@Palace was founded by HRH in 2014 as a platform to amplify and accelerate the work of entrepreneurs. The program guides, helps and connects entrepreneurs and early-stage businesses with a global network of potential supporters including CEOs, influencers, angels, investors, mentors and business partners.
Pitch@Palace Australia On Tour events will provide entrepreneurs from across the country with the opportunity to learn about the program, connect to local stakeholders and receive mentoring to develop their business.
Pitch@Palace Australia On Tour Adelaide will be hosted by UniSA in collaboration with the Innovation & Collaboration Centre (ICC), a unique co-working space that supports innovative ideas from generation through to growth and expansion, all year round.
Pitch@Palace Australia Steering Committee member, UniSA Deputy Vice Chancellor: Research and Innovation, Professor Tanya Monro says this is an invaluable opportunity for Australia’s thousands of talented, creative and innovative entrepreneurs to take part in a unique event.
“As Australia’s University of Enterprise, we are all about connecting people with opportunities,” Prof Monro says.
“In everything we do – providing opportunities for students to realise their educational ambition, forging valuable research partnerships with industry to grow knowledge and capacity, and in supporting local innovation through the ICC – we embrace the ‘can do’ spirit.
“Pitch@Palace is a rare opportunity for budding entrepreneurs to learn from the experience of others, refine their concepts and bring an idea to fruition, and this promises to be a truly exciting event which we are proud to be hosting.”
Australian applicants can apply online before being shortlisted. Those who are successful will compete in state-based events before eight finalists from each of five Pitch@Palace Australia On Tour events and two overall wildcards are selected to pitch at Pitch@Palace Australia Boot Camp in Brisbane in November.
Entrants will be assessed on the commercial potential of their concept, their ability to communicate their idea and the potential social impact of their business or innovation.
The winners of Pitch@Palace Australia 2.0 will be invited to Pitch@Palace Global 3.0 at St. James's Palace in London in December, and will have the opportunity to network with potential investors and influential members of the international business community.
Pitch@Palace Global took place in December 2017, where Pitch@Palace Australia 1.0 winner, NevHouse, was named Pitch@Palace Global Entrepreneur of the Year.
Applications can be made online here.
Media contact: Georgia Minarelli email Georgia.Minarelli@unisa.edu.au mobile: 0413 314 726
- Pitch@Palace Global – global event at St James Palace, London
- Pitch@Palace Australia – bootcamp and Australian final
- Pitch@Place Australia On Tour events – state based Australian events
Pitch@Palace Australia 1.0 took place in 2017, with events at several Australian universities - Melbourne (RMIT), Gold Coast (Bond University) and Wollongong (the University of Wollongong). In 2018, Adelaide (UniSA) and Perth (Murdoch University) will also hold events as part of the Pitch@Palace Australia 2.0 program.
Pitch@Palace Australia is part of the Pitch@Palace Global program, which gives international scale to Pitch@Palace and helps entrepreneurs and audiences build access and connectivity around the world. It supports entrepreneurs in seeking new markets and finding new partners and investors, building prosperity and creating jobs globally.
Pitch@Palace has helped 666 start-up businesses create more than 2,314 new jobs and generate over £600 million (A$1.06 billion) of new economic activity.
Over the past four years Pitch@Palace has held events in or worked with entrepreneurs from more than 50 countries across Australia, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
RT @RogerEston: Great to be at the first birthday celebration at UniSA’s Pridham Hall. Amazing facility and great staff! Congratulations Br…
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College