Welcome to the Natural and Built Environments Research Centre.
Natural and Built Environments Research Centre sits within the School of Natural and Built Environments within the Division of ITEE at Mawson Lakes. NBE conducts specialist and interdisciplinary research to support improved environmental and socio-economic sustainability. With more than 50 full-time academic staff and over 100 PhD students, the School provides a stimulating and well-resourced research environment. Our research is funded through Australian Research Council (ARC) grants and grants from industry and government agencies. PhD and Masters by research degrees are offered in all discipline areas across the School.
We collaborate with the following UniSA institute:
The University of South Australia’s (UniSA) new multi-million dollar Future Industries Institute (FII) focuses on building knowledge and capacity in core future industries. The Institute combines and builds from the established research capability and reputation of the former Ian Wark Research Institute, Mawson Institute and Centre for Environmental Risk Assessment and Remediation, and extends into other complementary research capabilities within the University's Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment and across the university.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College