Scholarships, prizes and awards
A tertiary education not only opens doors to professional careers, it improves students’ chances for a rewarding future. Having a degree improves employment prospects, and the higher your level of qualification, the greater your chances of securing employment. University study is about learning and questioning, and acquiring skills and knowledge to become an informed and productive member of the community.
At the University, we understand that meeting the financial obligations of a university education can be a challenge. To help overcome this, the University provides a broad range of scholarships to high achieving students as well as those who are most in need of financial assistance. There are also numerous prizes and awards rewarding academic excellence within the School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences.
The School provides significant support for postgraduate research students. This includes office space, computing resources, conference travel, and accommodation, as well as top-up scholarships.
Scholarships for Continuing Students Only
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences Undergraduate Honours Scholarship
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences – 2nd Year Scholarships in Information Technology
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences – 3rd Year Scholarships in Information Technology
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences – 2nd Year Scholarships in Mathematical Sciences
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences – 3rd Year Scholarships in Mathematical Sciences
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences Honours Grant
- Data Action Grant
Scholarships for Commencing Students Only
- ATN IDTC (Mathematics and Statistics) PhD Scholarships – Research projects
- Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment High Achiever School Leaver Equity Scholarships
- Hypatia Scholarship for Mathematically Gifted Women
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences - Commencing Scholarship in Information Technology
- School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences - Commencing Scholarship in Mathematical Sciences
School and Industry-sponsored prizes and awards
- Australian Computer Society (SA Branch) Prize - Graduate
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) Prize - Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Management Prize - Graduate
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) Prize - Master of Library and Information Management Prize - Graduate
- Australian Society for Operations Research Prize
- CISCO CCNP Prize - Best overall performance
- CISCO Network Fundamentals Prize – Best overall performance
- Motorola Prize in Computer and Network Security – Best overall performance
- Motorola Mobile Enterprise Prize – Best overall performance
- SA Power Networks Postgraduate ERP Prize
- SA Power Networks Undergraduate ERP Prize
- School of Mathematics and Statistics Prize - Graduate
For more information, please visit the UniSA Scholarships site.
Get started with scholarships
Apply for an equity scholarship
Make one application through SATAC and you will be considered for all equity scholarships offered by UniSA.
Once you are enrolled you can apply for scholarships through myScholarships via myUniSA.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about scholarships and grants.
Scholarships closing soon
Don’t miss out on these scholarship opportunities.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College