The formation of the School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences through the mergers of the School of Computer and Information Science and School of Mathematics and Statistics in 2013 has strengthened collaborations between the complementary disciplines, thus enhancing the potential for impactful, innovative research.
The School runs three research centres and one institute and participates in two cooperative research centres (CRCs) specialising in computing, information science and applied mathematics. In addition to research, our centres also provide consulting services to organisations, thus ensuring our strong links with community and industry.
For research enquiries, please email ITMSResearch.Enquiries@unisa.edu.au.
A research degree with the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment will enable you to immerse yourself in a flourishing technology hub of theoretical, applied and cross-disciplinary research. Our Innovative research degree programs will provide you with advanced academic and professional research skills.
Associated Research Centres
Find out all you need to know about becoming an international student at UniSA, living in Adelaide and Mawson Lakes, and exciting global opportunities to maximise your university experience.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College