The student experience
Choosing to study at the School of Pychology, Social Work and Social Policy means you'll graduate with more than just a degree.
Studying here at the School is a rich experience, incorporating fieldwork and research. You'll be ready to progress in your profession, you'll have gained an international network, and you'll have the skills to make an immediate and lasting contribution to society.
Student placement is a significant part of education at the School. Students are placed within a range of programs, gaining valuable real-world experience. International placements may also be available.
Students enrolled in the Master of Psychology (Clinical) postgraduate program gain clinical experience as Provisional Psychologists at the School's Psychology Clinic.
The School's thriving research environment can be of benefit to you if you areinterested in exploring contemporary social issues. Where possible you will be given the opportunity to work on research activities, collaborating in multidisciplinary teams with a range of external organisations. Research degrees are also offered at the levels of Honours, Masters and PhD.
Hear from our students
Meet Chloe, a graduate of Psychological Science
Meet John, a graduate postgraduate Clinical Psychology
Meet Tessa, a graduate of Social Work and International Relations
Meet Amy, a graduate of Social Science: Human Services
Meet Emily – an international student at the University of South Australia. Follow her as she goes about her day on campus, living in the city of Adelaide
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College