Members of the National Enterprise for Rural Community Wellbeing include farmers involved in community wellbeing, researchers, government representatives from country health and primary industries, and people in agricultural industries, agri-business and finance industries.
Director: Associate Professor Lia Bryant, University of South Australia
Lia is an internationally recognised rural studies scholar with an established track record in leading and managing research projects involving farmers, rural communities, Government Departments and stakeholders to collaborate in social change for rural community wellbeing.
Dr Bridget Garnham
Research fellow, University of South Australia
Bridget is a rural studies researcher with expertise in designing solutions-focused collaborative research projects.
Dr Doreen Donovan
Lecturer in Graphic Design
School of Art, Architecture and Design
University of South Australia
Doreen's research focuses on working with communities to codesign products and stimulate new ways of thinking about and working towards solving social problems.
Rural Resilience Program in NSW Department of Primary Industries
Liane has extensive engagement experience with rural communities across NSW and has supported farmers directly following fires and floods, droughts, suicide, financial hardship and with farm family succession.
Gen is currently Marketing manager at Kilikanoon Wines in the Clare Valley of South Australia. Prior to that she contributed to her family owned business Quality Wool.
Sallie Jones was born and raised on a dairy farm in Lakes Entrance, in East Gippsland. Currently, farmer, mother, business woman, entrepreneur, PR maven and daughter, Sallie is also co-founder of Australia’s milk brand Gippsland Jersey.
Browse our doctoral candidates.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College