Cognitive Ageing and Impairment Neurosciences
Cognitive Ageing and Impairment Neurosciences (CAIN) was established in 2016 and is co-lead by Dr Hannah Keage and Dr Tobias Loetscher.
Our work focuses on understanding how and why cognition changes across the lifespan (particularly in late-life), in both health and disease, and the fundamental brain mechanisms underlying these changes. Further, we evaluate the effectiveness of interventions to reverse or delay the progression of cognitive impairments.
The lab employs psychophysiological methods such as electroencephalograph (EEG), eye-tracking and transcranial doppler (TCD), along with cognitive and behavioural testing. We are located on the Magill UniSA campus.
We have opportunities for honours, masters and PhD students, along with undergraduate interns and Vacation Scholars.
Learn more about us
Take a look at our latest publications.
Read about the exciting range of research projects being worked on in the lab.
Get in touch
You can find us at:
P:+61 8 8302 4262
F: +61 8 8302 4242
Engage with us
Collaborate with us and tap into our research network, highly-skilled academic researchers and talented students.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College