Sleep & Chronobiology
The Sleep and Chronobiology Laboratory is working to extend our understanding and perception of human performance, sleep, fatigue and behaviour.
We demonstrate and promote the importance of sleep through studies conducted in our new, world-class sleep and chronobiology laboratory, across all phases of development from fetal health through to late life. Humans sleep for approximately one-third of life, yet sleep is frequently absent from discussions about physical and psychological healthcare. We contribute to the evidence-base, and champion “life’s forgotten third” on health and safety agendas. Methods include psychophysiological measures such as electroencephalograph (EEG), circadian markers such as salivary and plasma melatonin and cortisol, cardio-metabolic indicators including blood glucose and insulin levels and performance measures such as cognitive and behavioural tests.
We continue to build on our success and expand our profile domestically and internationally. We achieve this by continuing to undertake research with important real-life applications, and through public education, training and industry consultation aimed at improving the world around us.
Find out more about our activities, our staff and opportunities to research with us.
Learn more about the Sleep and Chronobiology Lab
Sleep and Chronobiology Lab
Take a look at the Behaviour-Brain-Body Brochure
Read about the exciting range of research projects being worked on.
Get in touch
You can find us at:
Level 1, Room C1-82
St Bernards Rd
Magill SA 5072
T:+61 8 8302 4262
F:+61 8 8302 4242
Engage with us
Collaborate with us and tap into our worldwide research network, highly-skilled academic researchers and talented students.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College