Below is a list of community events which may be of interest, offering you the opportunity to learn about and participate in local activities. This listing is offered as a service to the community and community event organisers. Please contact the organisers directly for additional information, as generally, the Hawke Centre is not involved in these community events.
If you have a community event you would like to promote through our website, please forward details to email@example.com or call 8302 7135 for more information.
Graham F Smith Peace Foundation Annual Peace Award Presentation and
30th Anniversary Gala Dinner
Saturday 16 November, The Banquet Room, Adelaide Festival Centre
Join the Graham F Smith Peace Foundation us they celebrate 30 years of working for peace through the arts. The anniversary gala dinner promises a night of merry-making, milestones, memories and more. We are privileged to have as our guest speaker internationally acclaimed choreographer and Artistic Director of the Australian Dance Theatre, Garry Stewart.
There will be good food and wine, dancing and prizes – with the annual auction of artworks by prominent South Australian artists. Funds raised at the Dinner support the Foundation’s Annual Peace Award of $10,000 and other activities that promote peace through the arts.
WHEN: 6:30 pm for 7 pm, Saturday 16 November 2019
VENUE: The Banquet Room, Adelaide Festival Centre
DRESS: Formal - with prizes for best art-deco inspired fashion.
AUCTIONS: Silent Art Auction, Live Auction and Wine Wall
TICKETS: $125 per head (Includes 3 course dinner, drinks & entertainment) or a table of 10 for $1150
Please email preferred table group to firstname.lastname@example.org
Adelaide White Ribbon Breakfast
Friday 22 November, Adelaide Convention Centre
Sport is a critical channel for embedding respectful relationships, gender inclusion and the prevention of violence against women. Millions of Australians play or are involved in sport at some time in their lives and, as a result, sport can be a powerful and influential vehicle for growing safer and more respectful communities.
The Adelaide White Ribbon Breakfast will this year bring together a diverse and interactive panel from across AFL, AFLW, NRL and Soccer to promote the positive role men can play in fostering respect and gender equality across our sporting cultures.
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College