Crossing the Horizon
(Note: Crossing the Horizon was released in 2013. See Enterprise25 for the latest development of our strategic plan.)
Crossing The Horizon contains the shape of our future as we position ourselves to be nationally and internationally competitive through our actions.
By 2018 UniSA will be a university that engages fully with the professions and industry globally, whose research is informed, leading edge and relevant, and whose graduates are the new professionals driving the national and international economy through their skills, capabilities and innovation potential.
To achieve this we commit to deliver the following:
- Enhanced educational offerings and an outstanding student experience;
- Industry and end-user informed research, supporting an industry-relevant curriculum;
- Increased staffing in the classroom and increased efficiencies beyond;
- Transformational infrastructure, enriching the fabric of our institution;
- Engagement with society beyond the classroom and campus;
- A globally visible and engaged university with international reach, collaborations, enduring relationships and leverage; and
- A move towards a powerful internal and external service culture, supporting and enabling greater success.
Download the PDF (1.2mb)
Our seven strategic action sets
We commit to deliver:
Enhanced educational offerings and an outstanding student experience
UniSA will design and deliver curriculum that is relevant and of high quality, delivering excellent outcomes for graduates in an educational environment that allows our students to make the most of their student experience. Read more...
Industry and end-user informed research, supporting an industry-relevant curriculum
UniSA will engage meaningfully with its peers, industry and the community, undertaking research that is informed, leading-edge and relevant. Our focus will be on the quality and relevance of our research outputs, not the inputs. Read more...
Increased human capital in the classroom and increased efficiencies beyond
UniSA will develop a high performing, sustainable workforce, one that is dedicated to the provision of excellence in all its forms. Read more...
Transformational infrastructure, enriching the fabric of our institution
UniSA will deliver and renew infrastructure that positions the university as an inspiring place to work and study, providing spaces that stimulate and foster creativity and innovation in all facets of our operation - spaces that underpin happiness and health and support new models of learning. Read more...
Engagement with society beyond the classroom and campus
UniSA will build on its strong social mission and commitment to the communities it serves, adding value to the economic and social environment of our society. Read more...
A globally visible university with global reach and leverage
UniSA will have enduring and mutually beneficial relationships with its global alumni and international partners. Read more...
Key Enablers and Supports
UniSA’s governance and administration will be efficient and effective with a strong commitment to a culture of service excellence. Read more...
Areas of study and research
- UniSA Cancer Research Institute
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Behaviour-Brain-Body Research Centre
- Centre for Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- China-Australia Centre for Sustainable Development
- Creative People, Places and Products Research Concentration
- Design Research for Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Transformations Research Group
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Research for Educational and Social Inclusion
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College