UK and Ireland
The University of South Australia has continued to expand its partnerships in the United Kingdom and Ireland and has recently signed agreements with a number of high profile universities and institutions.
One key partner is University College London where the strong relationship has resulted in UCL Engineering moving to the Future Industries Institute at UniSA’s Mawson Lakes Campus.
University College London (United Kingdom)
The University College London is ranked 14th worldwide by Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
In April 2015 a partnership was established which committed University College London (UCL) and the University of South Australia (UniSA) to work together to develop teaching and research in South Australia in fields that include minerals processing, advanced manufacturing, sustainable future energy production and protection, and care of the environment. The agreement which was signed at joint events in Adelaide and London, signals a program of future collaboration between UniSA’s Future Industries Institute (FII) and the UCL Faculty of Engineering. The collaboration includes an industry focused PhD program, joint curriculum development, student and staff exchange programs, public engagement and joint academic appointments.
In December 2017, UCL Engineering moved to their new home base in the Future Industries Institute at UniSA’s Mawson Lakes Campus.
UniSA and UCL are now collaborating on the delivery of the delivery of the following programs:
- Master of Science in Global Management of Natural Resources
- Master of Science in Data Science (International)
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Systems
UniSA and UCL forge new partnership to ignite future industries
Santos helps UCL and UniSA to advance women in future industries research
UCL engineering makes itself at home at Mawson Lakes campus
King’s College London (United Kingdom)
King’s College London is one of the top 25 universities in the world (2016/17 QS World University Rankings) and among the oldest in England. King’s has an outstanding reputation for world-class teaching and cutting-edge research.
King’s has a particularly distinguished reputation in the humanities, law, the sciences and social sciences including international affairs. It has played a major role in many of the advances that have shaped modern life, such as the discovery of the structure of DNA and research that led to the development of radio, television, mobile phones and radar.
UniSA’s collaboration with King’s College London will provide UniSA researchers with new opportunities to study at the Menzies Centre as part of the Aboriginal and Contemporary Australian Studies Fellowships.
Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is Ireland’s oldest and most prestigious university. In 2013 UniSA and TCD signed a MOU between Hawke Research Institute and TCD’s Long Room Hub to deliver closer collaboration on humanities research. The Vice Chancellor visited his former institution and signed the agreement in October 2013 and Professor Anthony Elliott (Director, Hawke Research Institute) delivered a public lecture at TCD in April 2014.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College