PASS at ITEE
The Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) program is an accredited academic assistance program designed to assist students with their understanding of the course content and performance in the course.
The PASS program is based on Supplemental Instruction (SI) developed at the University of Missouri in the United States and is used extensively in Universities across Australia.
- are facilitated by students who have excelled in particular courses
- assist with your understanding of course content and improve study habits
- gives students the chance to meet in a relaxed and informal environment to discuss concepts and develop academic skills for ongoing learning and success
- are absolutely FREE! - check the timetable and attend any session!
How is PASS Beneficial to students?
Research shows that attending PASS benefits students because:
- PASS is proactive and participatory.
- Improves grades by 12-15% for students who attend regularly (6-8 times a semester).
- PASS provides peer collaborative learning experiences
- PASS makes effective use of study time; one hour of PASS equates to approximately 3 to 4 hours of independent study.
- PASS provides an opportunity for students to develop relationships with fellow students.
Find out more
Please refer all questions to Emily Sellar or Zoe Zweck Accredited PASS Coordinators: email@example.com
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College