The Learning and Teaching Unit's Research Education team offer on-campus workshops, professional development opportunities, and online resources for both research students and their supervisors. For students studying for a Doctor of Philosophy, a Masters by Research or a Professional Doctorate by Research, the Team provides workshops to:
- assist with developing the initial research proposal
- help develop research writing and the writer’s voice
- help develop expertise in research mthodologies
- develop expertise in research communication through the media of the research thesis, journal articles, conference presentations and the media and public talks
- explore what research degree examiners are looking for and how best to publish whilst also writing a thesis.
For research degree supervisors, the Team provides:
- induction workshops
- workshops on specific aspects of supervision (for example, inter-cultural supervision and providing feedback on research writing)
- individual advice on specific aspects of supervision.
If you would like to know more about how our Research Education Team engages with current research students and research supervisors, please visit the Research education and research degrees website.