School of Education Research
The School of Education Research was established to bring all of our research activity into one space to provide focus, scale, and coherence for our students, staff, and other stakeholders.
Researchers in the School of Education Research advocate for a contexualised understandings of ‘education’ across the life-span including child-care, schools, training institutions, universities and sites of informal learning. ‘Education’ is essential for nation building, social cohesion, social justice, sustainability, identity formation, and economic development.
Our research is committed to:
- Advancing social justice in education as a theoretical, practical and policy problem
- Sustaining respectful dialogue between academic and practitioner knowledge
- Advancing multiple perspectives on educational problems through ‘voiced’ research with very young people, school students, educators, parents, and policy actors.
- Examining the policy and practice concerns of our key stakeholders including school systems, schools, the training sector and early childhood providers.
- Connecting up with global knowledge networks across Asia, Europe, Africa and America
- Developing our own research-informed practice as teacher educators
- Examining curriculum, pedagogy and assessment as interconnected
- Advocating for pedagogies of negotiation between educators and their students
- Examining how social change impacts on our students, on educators’ work, and the educational project of the nation
- Researching developments in communication and information technology and their effects on education
Key research themes include:
Wellbeing, technology, inclusion
Literacy, superdiversity, text production/prosumption
Childrens’ Voices and participation as learners and citizens
Early childhood education
Respectful leadership and teaching
STeM, professional learning, new technology
Critical pedagogy, policy, practice
Discover the research groups working at the Centre and the range of projects underway.
Meet the people whose research is helping shape the future of education.
Find publications by staff and students at the Centre for Research in Education.
Come along to our seminars and other public events, and get all the lastest news.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College