The Co-op High Achiever Research Grant
University Co-operative Bookshop Limited (The Co-op) is a provider of educational, professional and learning resources. The company is a member owned retailer, with 1.9 million members and 60 stores.
The Co-op High Achiever Research Grant is open to continuing full-time or part-time PhD or Masters by Research students enrolled in their second or third year at the University of South Australia. The grant is not being offered in 2019.
Applicants must have had their research proposal approved.
Applicants may be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Student Visa holder.
Applicants will be required to provide a personal written statement outlining:
- the importance of the research and its contribution to society,
- how the research grant will be spent, and
- how the research will be enhanced by the grant.
In addition to providing a personal written statement, applicants must provide a reference from their principal supervisor supporting their application.
The Grant will be awarded on the basis of a personal written statement and previous academic achievement. Short-listed applicants may be invited to attend an interview with the grant selection panel.
The grant is available to students currently enrolled at UniSA for a research degree. Applicants must have the unqualified support of their principal supervisor.
The Co-op High Achiever Research Grant applicants are advised to apply via the myScholarships page in the student portal, more information is available at http://www.unisa.edu.au/Study-at-UniSA/Scholarships/How-to-apply/.
The grant may be used to cover travel for presenting at an international conference, collecting data or collaborating with international experts or specialised equipment for their research.
The grant funds should be utilised within 12 months of payment. If it is not expected that funds will be used within the timeframe, the reasons should be outlined in the written statement.
For further information please contact:
SAS: Scholarships and Candidature
Tel: +61 8 8302 5880
Value: $4,000 to be paid in one instalment
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College