About this scholarship
An opportunity exists for an individual with a strong interest in statistical methodology wishing to join multidisciplinary projects in analytical epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology.
The successful candidate will be joining a large research team of clinicians, epidemiologists, statisticians and other PhD students using pharmacy dispensing data and hospitalisation data to consider:
- Consequences and etiology of biologic medicines
- Utilisation and side effects of biologic medicines
The overall project will involve evaluation and improvement of innovative methods to adjust for observed and or unobserved confounding.
The position would be suitable for a public health, statistics, pharmacy or health sciences graduate.
- Top up scholarships will be negotiated for applicants in receipt of a RTPd or USAPA awarded from the University of South Australia (RTPd rate $26,682 in 2017 plus Top Up)
- Honours in public health, pharmacy, statistics or equivalent
- Available to Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of Australia
- Applications close 31 October 2017
The top up scholarship amount is negotiable; however the maximum value is $20,000/annum.
The duration of the scholarship is up to 4 years.
The scholarship is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia conducting research in study areas including Public Health, Statistics, Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Application details and closing date
Applications open 1 July 2017 and close 31 October 2017.
Applications must include a current C.V. Please forward all applications and queries to: