Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarships for international applicants
The Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship is part of the Australian Government's Endeavour Awards, and provides financial support for international students for up to 4 years to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.
In order to provide Endeavour Scholarship recipients with better study experience, UniSA has agreed to waive the difference in tuition fee between the advised amount and the maximum amount Endeavour Scholarship contributes. It means that there will be no out of pocket tuition fees expenses for Endeavour recipients undertaking Masters by Coursework, Masters by Research and PhD program at UniSA.
How to apply
There are three parts to the application process.
First, you must check your eligibility.
- Check that you are from one of the participating countries and regions. (If not, you are ineligible, and are encouraged to look for other funding opportunities.)
- Check the eligibility criteria and application guidelines for the Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship (including Prime Minister's Award) – note that a high level of academic achievement is expected.
Second, you must apply for a research degree at the University of South Australia.
- Apply online for admission to a research degree at the University of South Australia (we will be your host institution).
- In your application, you must indicate that you intend to apply for the Endeavour Award.
- The University of South Australia must receive your application, including supporting documents and two academic referees reports, at minimum of four weeks prior to the Endeavour close date, otherwise we cannot guarantee letters of offer will be provided prior to the Australian Government's Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship closing dates.
- If your application to the University of South Australia is successful, you will receive a formal conditional offer for admission to a masters by research or PhD program. After you receive this, you can proceed to the third step.
Third, you must apply to the Australian Government by their closing date.
- Submit an application to the Australian Government.
- Ultimately, the Australian Government decides whether or not you receive the Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship.
Please note: applications received this year will be for degrees commencing next year.
The Department of Education and Training will notify the University the successful applicants for each round of the Scholarship application. The UniSA Australia Awards Team will then work on waiving any gap tuition fee for Endeavour Scholarship recipients including Masters by coursework, Masters by research and PhD level.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College