2. Match your research area
You'll need to match your research interest to areas of research at the University of South Australia and determine which program is suitable for your degree.
You may also wish to refer to research degree fee information.
What research degree program can I do?
In your online application, you will need to provide information about your proposed program of study.
Most people undertake a research degree in a field related or semi-related to what they studied in their undergraduate degree. However, you need not confine yourself to this.
To make your choice, discover the research degree programs offered at UniSA (listed by discipline/research area).
Please make a note of the program code, as you'll need it for your application.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College