Network Stakeholder Engagement in France and SwedenDecember 04 2018
In November and December 2018 members of the Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence and Jean Monnet Network on Creative, Connected and Automated Mobility met with key stakeholders in Belgium, France and Sweden.
Centre and Network Executive Director, Professor Anthony Elliott, and key Network Member from Nürtingen-Geislingen University in Germany, Professor Sven Kesselring, met with representatives from European automotive industries. Meetings were conducted with representatives from Volvo Trucks, Drive Sweden, and staff at Chalmers University. During this visit professors Elliott and Kesslering were invited to deliver a breakfast roundtable at Main Dialog on the digital revolution and the future of mobility.
In Paris Research Platform Leader, Dr Eric Hsu, and Centre Research Associate, Dr Louis Everuss, met with representatives from the Robomobile Workshop, a group of interdisciplinary researchers, industry representatives and policy makers focussed on the implementation of autonomous vehicles. Robomobile Workshop members are particularly concerned with the social impacts and implications of autonomous vehicles. This includes what policies should be developed to manage and facilitate the implementation of autonomous vehicles in ways that are environmentally responsible and produce positive social outcomes.
Dr Everuss also represented UniSA at the Jean Monnet Kickoff Conference in Brussels, meeting and engaging with the European Commission officials in charge of administering the EU's Erasmus+ programme through which Jean Monnet activities are funded. Additionally, Dr Everuss met with representatives from Jean Monnet Centres, Networks and Projects across the globe, developing avenues for future collaboration with the Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence and Network.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College