Sir Nigel Thrift
Published October 2016
22 February - 18 March
Border Crossings brings together curators and contemporary artists from Ireland and Australia to investigate cross-cultural issues surrounding ethnic conflict, the legacy of colonialism and the challenges of reconciliation that are relevant to both countries.
After the Fall: Content, Context and Co-Creation After the Decline of Print Media
7 October 2015
What happens when customers disrupt an entire industry? Newspaper companies have been forced to question their business models, products and practises. Ralf Blomqvist, senior advisor to several leading Nordic media companies, reflects on recent developments in Europe and the way forward for an industry that almost lost touch with its customers.
After the Fall: Panel Discussion
7 October 2015
Ralf Blomqvist is joined by Misha Ketchell, Managing Editor of The Conversation, and Tory Shepherd, Political Editor at The Advertiser, for a panel discussion covering topics such as print media and digital disruption, the impact social media has had on the way we access and share news stories, innovation and creativity, self curated news and the potential for confirmation bias, and robot journalism.
My Story My City
16 September 2015
'My Story My City' is a public art collaboration for the Hawke EU Centre, led by Senior Lecturer Angelique Edmonds in collaboration with South Australian Artist Peter Drew and students from the Adelaide Secondary School of English, documenting their experiences of welcome and belonging.
Asylum, Human Rights and International Law: Australian and EU Perspectives
28 July 2015
A Public Lecture by Professor Gillian Triggs, President of the Australian Human Rights Commission, in which she explains Australia’s policies relating to refugees and how they fit within an international context, and discusses the role and work of the Australian Human Rights Commission, particularly its recent National Inquiry into Children in Immigration Detention.
The Hawke EU Centre Official Launch
27 October 2014
The Hawke EU Centre for Mobilities, Migrations and Cultural Transformations was officially launched by the Honourable Mr Bob Hawke, former Labour Prime Minister to Australia and Distinguished Patron of the of the Hawke EU Centre, and HE Mr Sem Fabrizi, Head of the Delegation and Ambassador for the European Union and Australia.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College