Research and development is undertaken at the Barbara Hardy Institute in mechanisation and cleaner production processes for agriculture and related industries. Our areas of expertise cover both pre-harvest and post-harvest engineering applications, and include:
- Seeding system technologies in no-till farming systems
- Seeder machinery design and testing
- Concept development and full design of specialised machinery
- Soil mechanics and soil/tool/residue interactions
- Small scale mechanisation in international conservation agriculture contexts
- Grain harvester modifications for snail pests, high moisture harvesting and weed seed destruction
- Technologies for precision agriculture
- Dried fruit production and processing
- Almond processing
- Grain contaminant separation
- Grain storage
- Seafood production and processing
We also provide postgraduate supervision, expert specialist advice and consultancy services to industry related to these areas of research.
For further information please contact John Fielke.