New UniSA partnership puts patient-centred care at the heart of the QEHNovember 24 2017
In a new partnership signed today, the University of South Australia and Health SA’s Central Adelaide Local Health Network, will be working together to ensure the new-look Queen Elizabeth University Hospital is at the forefront of innovative practice.
An MOU between UniSA and the State Government underpins plans to increase collaboration across research and practice between the hospital and the University.
UniSA Vice Chancellor Professor David Lloyd says the partnership promises to deliver South Australians high quality patient-centred care, informed by the latest university research.
“As Australia’s University of Enterprise, we’re delighted to be a part of this important partnership with the QEH which has a long history of excellence as a research and teaching hospital,” Prof Lloyd says.
“The new relationship provides more important opportunities for team-based training of future health care professionals.
“UniSA is the State’s largest tertiary education provider in areas such as physiotherapy, podiatry, occupational therapy, exercise physiology, medical imaging, nutrition, pharmacy and nursing and the agreement will offer more opportunities for health students to gain vital experience of clinical and care environments.
“That means we will graduate health care workers that are completely conversant with the realities of professional practice. It also means the quality of care at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital will be at the forefront of innovative practice, where interdisciplinary and patient-centred practice is the standard.”
The agreement for Queen Elizabeth University Hospital is part of the State Government’s $270 million redevelopment of the hospital.
Media contact: Michèle Nardelli mobile 0418 823 673 email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 17th International Conference on Communication, Medicine and Ethics (COMET) will be hosted by UniSA 26-28 June… https://t.co/KwcHOUfb7W
Fascinating fact ... Australia's new Space Agency logo is based around Indigenous star constellations in consultati… https://t.co/cAy2iYnC5M
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College