Want to study engineering at UniSA?
Have a great Selection Rank but didn’t complete SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods?
UniSA is introducing a new Maths Short Course to allow students to obtain the required prerequisite before commencing your studies at UniSA.
Access highly qualified maths tutors who will work with you in small groups to get you ready for your studies at UniSA.
January 8th – February 16th 2018 (6 weeks)
SACE Stage 1 Mathematics, at least 20 credits, C grade or higher.
- Step 1 - Apply for Bachelor of Engineering with a lower preference to the Associate Degree in Engineering through SATAC
- Step 2 - Division Academic Services will contact you with offer to undertake the Maths Short Course if you meet the pre-requisite
- Step 3 - Pay fees in person at Mawson Lakes Campus Central. Card or cash payment is available.
- Step 4 - Complete Maths Short Course Program over summer
- Step 5 - Upon successful completion of the summer course, offer to the Bachelor degree will be made through SATAC.
- Step 6 - If successful, commence in the Bachelor program from SP2.
- Step 7 - If unsuccessful, offer will be made to the Associate Degree in Engineering, as a transition to the Bachelor degree.
What to expect
The maths short course will be a revision of:
- Algebraic functions and their graphs; trigonometric functions, properties and identities; elementary matrices and linear algebra
Followed by an introduction to:
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Course contact hours
There is approximately 100 hours of contact time (on-campus).
In addition, students will be expected to spend at least another 60 hours outside of class reflecting on the content and working on exercises and examples.
For more information
Please forward enquiries to IEE-Admissions@unisa.edu.au