Find out about the world class research and teaching available at UniSA's Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment.
Natural and Built Environments Research Centre
Welcome to the Natural and Built Environments Research Centre. The Centre, established in 2016, has four major research strands: Natural and Built Environments Education; Environmental Stewardship; Sustainable Infrastructure and Built Environments; and Water and Natural Resources.
Our Centre academics and researchers have diverse research backgrounds and complementary expertise in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Science, Geospatial Science, Project Management and Water & Wastewater Engineering. A key aim of the centre is resolving real world, multidisciplinary problems and challenges of industry, governing organizations and the community, at both national and international levels.
We welcome research and partnering opportunities with industries, local councils, governments, communities and other research organisations to address the important knowledge gaps and problems of our natural and built environments.
Undertake a Higher Degree by Research at the School of Natural Built Environments. Masters and PhD programs are offered.Explore programs
Our research staff available to supervise Higher Degrees by Research, have diverse expertise and a commitment to bringing out the best in their students.Find a supervisor
The School’s multidisciplinary nature is central to its success; a mix of diverse disciplines covers the domains of the built and natural environments, and a stimulating research environment, including a vibrant research hub for Water research, with over 100 HDR students.Find out more
ITEE Brochure 2016
The SMAG Specialised Testing & Research Unit delivers independent civil engineering testing and research on structures, concrete technology, construction materials and geotechnical technology.
The Australian Flow Management Group (AFMG) services the specialised testing demands of the water industry and advances irrigation and engineering hydraulics technology through fundamental and applied research.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College