The Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment places a strong emphasis on industry collaboration.
The Division has both a national and international reputation for producing work ready graduates with the ability to apply knowledge across a broad range of engineering, manufacturing and intelligent technologies is enhanced by close working relationships with industry at all levels of academic program development and delivery.
Organisations including Defence Science and Technology Group (DST Group), Motorola and SA Water have played a significant role in ensuring that the Division's offerings are in keeping with the latest technological directions. Students benefit from these relations through relevant program and course content and tailored final year projects.
- Saab Australia-UniSA Defence Technologies Institute - the new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between UniSA, Australia’s university of enterprise and leading defence system company Saab will focus on collaborative research and teaching opportunities in the South Australian defence sector.
- Global IT partnership with DXC Technology – teaming with the Global IT giant, in a first for any Australian university, to open a new Innovation and Collaboration Centre.
- Hills Limited innovation partnership – a new partnership with the State Government and Flinders University set to put South Australia at the forefront of innovative product design and technology expertise for a wide range of industries.
- MOD – plans to launch Australia’s newest interactive public science space and inspiring young people to study Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Honorary Doctorates – awarding an Honorary Doctorate to Major General Charles Bolden Jr, administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and inspirational champion for education equity and access.We have also acknowledged winemaker and business leader Wolf Blass AM and leading feminist, editor and publisher Anne Summers.
The following professional associations could be of interest and a valuable resource if you are contemplating undertaking university study at undergraduate or postgraduate level. They could also assist you when considering employment opportunities within your chosen study path.
If you are a member of industry who would like to develop an association with the Division or the University of South Australia please arrange an appointment by contacting Mr Bruce Perkin the Senior Business Development Manager.
- Association of Project Management
- Australian College of Road Safety
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Institute of Building
- Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- Australian Institute of Physics
- Australian Institute of Project Management
- Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Australian Institute of Traffic Planning and Management
- Department of Environment and Heritage
- Engineers Australia
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Institution of Electrical Engineers
- Institution of Engineering and Mining Surveyors Australia
- Intelligent Transport Systems Australia
- Mathematics-in-Industry Study Group
- National Committee for Mathematics
- Project Management Institute
- Royal Australian Planning Institute
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- South Australian Consortium for IT and Telecommunications
- The Mapping Sciences Institute of Australia
- The Geological Society of Australia
- The Spatial Sciences Institute
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College