The Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment places a strong emphasis on industry collaboration.
The Division has both a national and international reputation for producing work ready graduates with the ability to apply knowledge across a broad range of engineering, manufacturing and intelligent technologies is enhanced by close working relationships with industry at all levels of academic program development and delivery.
Organisations including Defence Science and Technology Group (DST Group), Motorola and SA Water have played a significant role in ensuring that the Division's offerings are in keeping with the latest technological directions. Students benefit from these relations through relevant program and course content and tailored final year projects.
- Saab Australia-UniSA Defence Technologies Institute - the new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between UniSA, Australia’s university of enterprise and leading defence system company Saab will focus on collaborative research and teaching opportunities in the South Australian defence sector.
- Global IT partnership with DXC Technology – teaming with the Global IT giant, in a first for any Australian university, to open a new Innovation and Collaboration Centre.
- Hills Limited innovation partnership – a new partnership with the State Government and Flinders University set to put South Australia at the forefront of innovative product design and technology expertise for a wide range of industries.
- MOD – plans to launch Australia’s newest interactive public science space and inspiring young people to study Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Honorary Doctorates – awarding an Honorary Doctorate to Major General Charles Bolden Jr, administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and inspirational champion for education equity and access.We have also acknowledged winemaker and business leader Wolf Blass AM and leading feminist, editor and publisher Anne Summers.
The following professional associations could be of interest and a valuable resource if you are contemplating undertaking university study at undergraduate or postgraduate level. They could also assist you when considering employment opportunities within your chosen study path.
If you are a member of industry who would like to develop an association with the Division or the University of South Australia please arrange an appointment by contacting Mr Bruce Perkin the Senior Business Development Manager.