This course provides knowledge and skills to people involved in work injury management, including the rehabilitation and return to work of injured workers. Aimed at Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Health Managers and Case Managers, the course includes a five day intensive workshop supplemented with online activities.
This course is a one week intensive face to face delivery which incorporates Lectures, Tutorials and Workshops at the City East Campus of the University of South Australia. Course preparation reading material will be sent to persons enrolled before the commencement of the course.
None but practical experience working with injured workers or stakeholders in injury management would be advantageous.
Aims, outcomes and content
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge on relevant legislation as it applies to work injury management
- Apply advanced work injury management skills as part of their everyday work injury practice
- Describe the perspectives of different stakeholders in work injury management
- Identify barriers in return to work and how best to approach these
- Communicate in an appropriate manner with all stakeholders in both written and oral format
- Discuss ethical issues related to injury management in an informed manner
Course delivery and assessment
This one week intensive course is commencing on the Monday 29 January 2018, depending on application numbers. Applications close Thursday 18 January 2018.
Participants are assessed on a 30 minute presentation; a 1500 word critical literature review, a 2500 word assignment and participation in class discussion.
For more course information and course related queries please contact the School of Health Sciences email@example.com