Professional development & short courses
This short course is designed to smooth the transition to university studies with the basic scientific knowledge needed, when commencing any of the UniSA health science undergraduate programs.
UniSA’s School of Nursing and Midwifery has a long tradition of community engagement with clinicians by hosting Mental Health Master Classes. Each Master Class is free of charge and open to senior undergraduate and all postgraduate health and nursing students.
This course is offered collaboratively with the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy Incorporated (ASCIA) and provides an understanding of the role of the allergy nurse, the allergic process and allergic disease and the varying manifestations in both children and adults.
The UniSA Professional Certificate in CT and PET Imaging is designed prepare students for clinical experience in Computed Tomography (CT) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET)/Computed Tomography (PET/CT) hybrid imaging. It will also provide a broad knowledge base of advanced CT procedures.
The purpose of this program is to provide post-graduate training for registered physiotherapists, registered nurses and registered medical practitioners who conservatively manage pelvic organ prolapse.
The purpose of this program is to increase your understanding, skills and expertise in supervising learners in the workplace through applying teaching and learning principles and approaches within the work setting.
The UniSA Professional Certificate in Work Injury Management is designed to provide occupational health and health practitioners with a sound basis of the theoretical consideration, practical issues and barriers related to work injury management in Australian workplaces.
Professional Certificate in
The Professional Certificate in Pain Sciences is designed for qualified health professionals seeking an opportunity to advance their understanding and skills in the assessment and management of pain.
This professional certificate is designed for registered nurses working in any healthcare setting who may be involved in the provision of palliative care to adult clients and their families.
This ten-week course is designed to provide those persons eligible to hold an X-ray operator's license with the knowledge to perform a limited range of plain film diagnostic radiography.
The Radiation Therapy Practice Professional Development Modules are available to radiation therapists to engage in readily accessible professional learning, anywhere, any time.
UniSA’s Pharmacy Intern Training Program (ITP) provides intern pharmacists with specialised training and skills in pharmacy practice. Intern pharmacists have the choice to build on a base program to obtain postgraduate University qualifications highly respected in the workplace.
The University of South Australia’s driver assessment course offer a quality product to occupational therapists. These predominantly online subjects utilise a competency based training framework, underpinned by reflection, self directed learning and group participation, in order to deepen theoretical understanding and practical application.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College