Placement Information and Requirements
As a pre-service teacher at the School of Education you will undertake professional experience as part of your program. This real-life experience could take place in a variety of care and school settings, including in rural and remote locations. You will be able to indicate a district preference that suits you.
As well as gaining first hand experience of the teaching profession, you will develop an understanding of the community context of teaching and of different teacher roles. You will gradually become more involved with all aspects of teaching, including preparing learning materials, addressing student needs, maintaining appropriate behaviour and engaging with extra curricular activities.
Professional experience is a full-time continuous commitment.
- If you are enrolled in an undergraduate program you will undertake a total of 80 days' professional experience (100 days in Early Childhood), spread over four placements.
- Postgraduate students undertake 60 days of professional experience spread across three placements.
In the lead up to undertaking each professional experience placement there are a number of pre-requisites and requirements that you need to satisfy before an appropriate placement site will be allocated to you. Complete the “Placement Information and Requirements” process to ensure that these pre-requisites and requirements are fully met.
The "Placement Information and Requirements" is home to all the forms you are required to complete, resources you may need, all the key dates and contacts and will be able to answer any questions you may have about your placement.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College