The student experience
At the School of Communication, International Studies and Languages you gain the advantage of professional and career development studies, combined with the traditional benefits of a university arts degree.
As an undergraduate student at the School, we offer you extensive choice and flexibility to design an interesting, enjoyable and vocationally useful study program which can be tailored to your personal and career aspirations.
All programs have a strong creative and applied focus, and give you opportunities to consolidate your knowledge through practical experience in your chosen field. The combination of theory and practical learning equips you with the knowledge and experience to be immediately effective in your chosen profession upon graduation.
The School also offers postgraduate programs for communication professionals and those seeking to work in the communication, media and information industries.
Courses are offered at the Magill Campus of the University of South Australia and many are available online. Get ready to enjoy the benefits of mixed mode delivery and networking with a range of professionals.
Hear from our students
Read about the universtiy experiences and impressive achievments of our graduates, including some familiar faces.Student experiences
Learn about some of the experiential learning opportunities that are available to students at the School.Explore opportunities
Take a look at some of the prizes and awards on offer to students at all stages of their study experience here at the School.See prizes and awards
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College