Committed to providing high quality, progressive, evidence-based physiotherapy to the community.
Based at UniSA’s City East, City West, and Magill campuses, the Physiotherapy Clinic offers assessment and treatment across a variety of different areas. Services are provided by professionally supervised final year undergraduate physiotherapy students, postgraduate students and/or fully-qualified physiotherapists.
Designed to address your individual needs, we deliver hands-on quality care to help restore, maintain and promote optimal physical function and sports participation.
We offer self-management strategies and home exercises to clients with a range of issues that may recur. We design exercise programs for individuals and groups, and offer advice about safe work practices, exercise and fitness, return to work, as well as health and wellbeing.
Appointments are essential (a medical practitioner referral isn’t required to access our services).
We can provide assessment and treatment for:
- back, neck and limb pain
- sports injuries and screening
- orthopaedic injuries and musculoskeletal injuries (including rehabilitation after surgery)
- repetition strain injuries
- neurological conditions
- movement related disorders
We can design and supervise:
- mobilising and strengthening exercise programs for individuals and groups (e.g. sporting teams) in a purpose built, well-equipped rehabilitation gymnasium (including Pilates equipment).
We can offer advice regarding:
- back care
- safe work practices
- return to work and/or sport following injury
- fitness, health and wellbeing
We offer dedicated children’s services from our City West and Magill campus.
Motor to the Max
Located at the UniSA Magill campus, we offer a free small group-based program, Motor to the Max, for preschool and primary school aged children (e.g. 4-8 year olds). Children who experience difficulty with movement skills such as balance, coordination, jumping and ball skills, can participate in a one-hour group session over a 5 week block. These group services are delivered by students under the supervision of qualified physiotherapists.
Individual physiotherapy sessions
Located at the UniSA City West Health & Medical clinic, we offer individual physiotherapy sessions to support the development of children of all ages at an affordable price. Children will improve areas such as movement skills, balance, strength, flexibility, coordination and play/sport skills. We work together with children and families to target specific goals over a 5 week block.
Please note there may be a wait list for services. Children who are not already receiving services from a physiotherapist will be given priority.
Concession rates apply to those under 18 years, student and health care card holders. Student services are supervised by registered physiotherapists.
*Claims cannot be made against insurance agencies (including private health, WorkCover and accident-related injuries). Please note clients who currently have a WorkCover or insurance claim cannot be seen by an undergraduate or postgraduate student.
Registered physiotherapist services
A proportion of these costs are applicable for rebate through private health schemes with ‘extras’ cover. During non-teaching times (December–February), a discounted fee applies for full-time tertiary students and holders of Pensioner Concession and/or health care cards at our City East clinic only.
|Motor to the Max Program||Free|
|Individual physiotherapy services||Minimal cost|
Teaching & Learning
In addition to providing you with valuable client care, the Clinic delivers quality clinical education to UniSA students — our next generation of healthcare professionals. Educated in state-of-the-art facilities, students gain invaluable practical experience and exposure to a wide range of client needs.
Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
UniSA City East Campus
Telephone: (08) 8302 2541
Fax: (08) 8302 2977
UniSA City East campus
Level 8, Centenary Building (Room C8-40)
Corner of North Terrace and Frome Road
Adelaide SA 5000
The clinic has one permit park available on campus for clients with mobility issues. Please speak with the clinic reception regarding this car park when scheduling your appointment.
UniSA City West Health and Medical Clinic
For allied health services please contact:
Telephone: (08) 8302 0986
Fax: (08) 8302 7888
For general practitioner services please contact:
Telephone: 1300 172 996
Fax: (08) 8125 6712
UniSA City West campus
27-29 North Terrace
Adelaide SA 5000
(please contact us for opening hours).
Public transport options are within walking distance of the clinic including the tram and buses.
Tram: “Park n Ride”- Park your car at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre or in the Parklands (4 hours) at Thebarton and catch the free Tram from 1 stop away.
Please visit adelaidemetro.com.au for further details.
UniSA Magill Allied Health Clinics
Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
Telephone: (08) 8302 4013
Fax: (08) 8302 4344
UniSA Magill campus
E Building (Room E1-22)
Enter from Bundey Street
Magill SA 5072
(please contact us to confirm as times for each service can vary).
Reserved parking is available in the M2 carpark in bays 148-152 off Bundey Street.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College