Helping the community to make the healthy, and right, choice.
Are you in need of diet advice?
Whether you want to lose or gain weight, learn about diet, understand diabetes or high cholesterol or ensure your diet is healthy for your age, a dietitian can assist.
Dietitians can help guide your shopping, provide meal ideas and recipes, offer support to reach your personal goals and help you decide which foods are right for you and your lifestyle. Appointments are available with an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) at the UniSA Exercise Physiology clinic on North Terrace and Frome Road.
What do dietitians do?
Dietitians prevent and treat food, nutrient and diet related health problems by applying the science of human nutrition to promote healthy eating habits, recommend dietary modifications, and help people understand food and health relationships.
Accredited Practising Dietitians
Jayne Barbour and Giordana Cross are accredited practicing dietitians. They can provide dietetic services for clients wanting advice on healthy eating for weight reduction, diabetes, high blood cholesterol and other conditions. They can also provide nutrition education for gastrointestinal problems, children and athletes.
Checklist for clients to bring
- Private health care card
- Food diary (if completed)
- List of medications
- Any blood results
How it works
Private clients are charged a fee of $120 for a new appointment and $70 for a review appointment which can be offset by your health insurance, depending on the level of cover. Alternatively if you have a chronic or ongoing health condition you may be eligible for a referral from your GP that would allow you up to 5 sessions per calendar year which is bulked billed by Medicare.
Accredited practising dietitian (APD) delivered services
- All referrals under Medicare, DVA are bulk billed
- WorkCover services are available on referral
- New consultations: $120.00
- Review consultations: $70.00
NOTE: Services delivered by an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) are claimable with your Private Health Insurer via HiCaps
Service accounts must be paid at the time of consultation.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College