At UniSA we believe real-world experience combined with academic study is essential for maximising learning outcomes and career opportunities. Consider hosting a UniSA student placement to help our students put theory into practice.
UniSA placements depend on students’ field of study and the different needs of our programs and the professions, including the employability skills which students need to develop through such placements. Our placements fall into the following three categories: professional placements, placements within curriculums, and placements outside of curriculums. Our placements depend on the student’s field of study, and the different needs of our programs and the professions, including the employability skills which students need to develop through such placements.
Professional placements are compulsory for registration to certain professional bodies, and are undertaken by the following Schools and Divisions:
Placements within curriculums
These may include one or two work placement components within the curriculum. Click on the Divisional placements below to find out more:
Placements outside of curriculums
Placements outside of curriculums are called Work Placement Scheme opportunities and are managed by UniSA’s Career Services.
These placements are:
- voluntary industry and community placements relevant to a students’ study
- project based and voluntary with students being expected to work independently and under supervision within the workforce
- offered to students enrolled for the duration of the placement period
- covered by UniSA insurance where necessary
- offered for a period of up to 16 weeks and are designed to not disrupt students’ study commitments
Contact UniSA CareerShop on (08) 8302 7856 or email CareerShop@unisa.edu.au to discuss your requirements.