British High Commissioner to Australia: Her Excellency Menna Rawlings CMG
Britain after Brexit:
Access YouTube video HERE
Last year, the British electorate voted to leave the European Union. As a result, the British Government invoked Article 50 of the Treaty of the European Union, setting a two-year timeframe for the UK to leave the EU by 2019.
Brexit has become one of the great uncertainties of our times. No one has tried to leave the EU before and negotiation of the terms of British withdrawal are complex.
Her Excellency Menna Rawlings CMG, British High Commissioner to Australia, will explore the vision of Britain after Brexit.
Her Excellency Menna Rawlings CMG
Menna Rawlings has been British High Commissioner to Australia since April 2015.
Menna joined the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in 1989 and has served in a wide range of Diplomatic Service roles. She was most recently a member of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Management Board as HR Director. This followed postings to Washington DC, Ghana, Israel, Kenya and Brussels. In London, she has served as Private Secretary to the Permanent Under Secretary as well as in Press Office and the Africa and EU Directorates.
Following her presentation Her Excellency will be in-conversation with Professor Anthony Elliott, Executive Director: Hawke EU Centre for Mobilities, Migrations and Cultural Transformations, University of South Australia. The audience will have an opportunity to engage in a Q & A session with the speaker.
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College