Sanaa:<br>A Better World Through Creativity
Kerry Packer Civic Gallery Exhibition
Exhibition dates: Monday 5 February - Friday 23 March
Gallery open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (Thursdays until 7pm)
Hawke Building level 3,
UniSA City West campus, 55 North Terrace, Adelaide
Showcasing the artwork and artistic talent of East and West African street and visual artists, SANAA: A Better World Through Creativity will be returning to the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery in 2018. This exhibition gives a voice to African artists who are working on political, cultural and socially engaged street and visual art. Sanaa will not only aesthetically please, it will challenge.
SWIFT9 LIVE MURAL
A highlight of the exhibition is a mural painted by visiting Kenyan street artist Swift9. Swift was in the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery between 1-2 March, where you can now view his work for a limited time.
Dieynaba Sidibe is Senegal’s first female street artist, successfully challenging views on women’s roles and calling for equality, one spray-paint can at a time.
Bankslave is the founding father of graffiti in Kenya, and has been painting in Africa and parts of Europe since 2000. This will be Bankslaves' second visit to Adelaide.
Swift9 is a professional Nairobi based visual artist who specializes in graffiti and urban art.
Swift9 will be painting a mural in the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery from 1 to 2 March.
Onyis Martin (Kenya)
Onyis Martin is a mixed media artist, whose practice is rapidly gaining national and international recognition. In 2016, Onyis was awarded runner up in South Africa’s most prestigious art prize – Barclays L’Atelier.
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre
This is an Adelaide Fringe Event
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: strengthening our democracy - valuing our diversity - and building our future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College