The Rise of New Space Endeavours in Australia
ACCESS PODCAST HERE
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre and United Nations Association of Australia (SA).
An initiative from United Nations Association of Australia (SA).
Introduction by National President, UNAA, Michael G. Smith.
Flavia Tata Nardini, CEO, Fleet Space Technologies will talk about her venture Fleet and how New Space technologies are changing industries in Australia and around the world.
Flavia Tata Nardini
Flavia Tata Nardini began her career at the European Space Agency as a Propulsion Test Engineer. She then joined TNO, the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research to work on advanced space propulsion projects. In 2015, Flavia co-founded Fleet, a connectivity company set to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation through low cost, low power remote massive Internet of Things (IoT). Fleet will launch the first of over 100 planned nanosatellites in 2018, enabling the next industrial revolution with a free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
VIDEO: TEDxAdelaide - "The giant leap of faith: how exploration changes worlds"
VIDEO: Bloomberg - "Earth, Space and Connecting Everything in Between "
VIDEO: Australia's Science Channel - "Flavia Tata Nardini on the future of the internet"
Presented by The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre and United Nations Association of Australia (SA)
While the views presented by speakers within the Hawke Centre public program are their own and are not necessarily those of either the University of South Australia or The Hawke Centre, they are presented in the interest of open debate and discussion in the community and reflect our themes of: strengthening our democracy - valuing our diversity - and building our future.
The copying and reproduction of any transcripts within the Hawke Centre public program is strictly forbidden without prior arrangements.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College